Habit for life

When I first heard that I needed to complete a learning project for this course, my mind immediately went to all the things that I want to accomplish. I want to learn to play the violin, make quilts, cook vegetarian dishes, run a half marathon, and learn a new language. But, as I contemplated the above I realized the greatest area of growth for me was in the area of exercise.

I have decided that for my learning project to be successful (because I live a sedentary life) I needed to make a realistic goal that I could attain/achieve. Therefore, I have decided to ;earn to walk 10,000 steps six days a week.

I will track my progress through the Health App on my phone, along with using my husband and daughter as accountability partners. As of today, I have only walked 1275 steps and it is 5:30 pm. I have a lot of work to do!!

On raining days or difficult days to I plan to use a video to help with motivation. Also, as accountability I will take daily screen shots and log them in my blog weekly.

I feel nervous and vulnerable with my learning project. I look forward to any suggestions or tips that can help me with my success.